Hey all, this is adam, paul's roomate… later last night I took paul to the hospital… he has apendicitice.. his apendex will be removed…
The operation is today at 2pm at POH hospital in Pontiac MI, if anyone wants to show up for support.. im sure he would like it… other then that, consider this a LJ get better card for him.
Get better soon paul…
I'm not sure what I think about this. I want to laugh, but it's actually a serious topic.
SANTA BARBARA, California (AP) — A career criminal was sentenced to 25 years to life in prison under California's three-strikes law for stealing $11 worth of wine, lip balm and breath freshener.
Superior Court Judge Frank Ochoa called Ronald Herrera, 57, one of the worst criminals to pass through his courtroom, and prosecutor Darryl Perlin said: "He's what the three-strikes law is all about."
Herrera's record lists 17 serious felonies, including a 1971 home-invasion robbery and rape of a woman and her 15-year-old daughter, the shooting of a police dispatcher, and six armed robberies in Virginia.
He was sentenced Thursday for burglary and petty theft at a supermarket.
I still think this is funny as hell. I found it today while going through my webserver.
If you're using a nextel and have the little disk icon (or iP icon on the java phones), don't have the webbrowser service enabled (i.e. "Your homepage will be available in 24-48 hours" message).
Message me on aim, and I'll give you a treat. 😉
hehe. , and I got bored.
We're at a subway. I dialed up to the internet using my cellphone while I was standing in line to get my sub.
After here, we're going to Toledo, OH, just for the hell of it.
Maybe we'll get zer0 some pancakes and me some fries.
w00t, w00t indeed.
(16:04:33) noweb4u2: hehe im in line at a subway
(16:04:48) Karey88: cool..where ya going?
(16:04:51) noweb4u2: ohio
(16:04:58) Karey88: for lottery tickets?
(16:05:09) Karey88: out of vending machines?
(16:05:24) noweb4u2: hehe maybe
(16:05:41) Karey88: w00t 😀
(16:06:26) noweb4u2: yea, it's crazy. itszer0 me and ladymace were bored and said dude lets go to subway then ohio
(16:06:44) Karey88: i'm sure its better than being bored
(16:06:56) noweb4u2: now I'm sitting here waiting for the syrup to be changed at the pop machine
(16:06:59) noweb4u2: hehe yep
(16:07:11) noweb4u2: they also don't have a pop can deposit. Savages.
(16:07:21) Karey88: we don't have that either
(16:07:43) Karey88: you can smuggle illegal sodas back from ohio
(16:08:13) Karey88: and sell them for 5 cents under the going rate..slowly accumulate your wealth 5 cents at a time
(16:09:14) noweb4u2: itszer0 says "we'll build an empire"
(16:09:47) Karey88: illegal soda smugglers ..it'll be all mafia
(16:09:58) noweb4u2: muhaha
(16:10:12) Karey88: fo~get about it..
(16:10:18) noweb4u2: hehe
WHY DID THE CHICKEN CROSS THE ROAD?
GEORGE W. BUSH
I don't think I should have to answer that question.
I invented the chicken. I invented the road. Therefore, the chicken
crossing the road represented the application of these two different
functions of government in a new, reinvented way designed to bring
greater services to the American people.
The chicken's habitat on the original side of the road had been
polluted by unchecked industrialist greed. The chicken did not reach
the unspoiled habitat on the other side of the road because it was
crushed by the wheels of a gas-guzzling SUV.
To steal a job from a decent, hard-working American.
I don't know why the chicken crossed the road, but I'll bet it was
getting a government grant to cross the road, and I'll bet someone
out there is already forming a support group to help chickens with
crossing-the-road syndrome. Can you believe this? How much more of
this can real Americans take? Chickens crossing the road paid for by
their tax dollars, and when I say tax dollars, I'm talking about
your money, money the government took from you to build roads for
chickens to cross.
more behind the cut, kinda long
Today… well what can I say about today? It kinda sucked.
* a script on our monitoring server at work died a day ago. I wasn't getting important alerts as a result.
* I thought my phone was coming today, but it wasn't.
* I got a "Bitch pay me" letter from the other complex. They want me to pay out the remainder of the lease. No, they violated the terms of the lease, they should deal with it. Assholes.
* I had problems paying for my gas from my debit card
* I then had problems signing on to the internet from the parking lot to see what was wrong with my banking.
* I ended up taking cash out from a non-network atm to cover the gas. Say hello to foreign atm fees.
* My allergies are worse today. Ugh.
* I accomplished a project. Found out some dumb terminals in Texas didn't like the project. Damn pieces of crap. I partially backed out to give the users access again.
* I went to micro center trying to pick up a PCI nic. I found one that didn't state linux compatability, so I asked micro center tech support if linux supported it. They suck. Their tech support is crap. Screw them with a posidrive screwdriver up the ass. I ended up getting my contract customer to purchase it anyway. Fortunately it worked.
* I got home, and found out what was going on with the bank. Fucking nextel double billed me for my phone AND the security deposit. I was overdrafted by 50 bucks.
* I got nextel and national city on the line and the problem was fixed within 10 minutes. I <3 national city. What an awesome bank. I could use my debit card to buy dinner finally.
* I bought dinner, and they were out of guacamole mix. We hacked something up, but it's just not the same.
On the other hand, something that corrects everything:
I AM ABOUT TO EAT ZESTY TWIRLS! HELL YES! w00t!
That and my phone comes tomorrow for sure. yay for fedex 2 day express. No more broken antenna!
I'm back home and have access to my lotion kleenex. Rock on!
I can go to bed when I'm done eating.
And yes, I found a post to make me laugh my ass off. I wrote this last year when I was working 3rd.